Proposed development consisting of 133 affordable rental apartments with a community facility, located on SDCC lands west of the new link road connecting Fourth Avenue and Belgard Square North, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS, 2001
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, South Dublin County Council hereby give notice to construct the following development on SDCC lands west of the new link road connecting Fourth Avenue and Belgard Square North, Tallaght, Dublin: The development will consist of the construction of 133 affordable rental apartments with a community facility (c 12,918m2 ) in three blocks ranging from three to eight storeys with associated balconies/ terrace for each apartment and roof mounted solar panels linked by a single storey podium.
- Block A (west- c 5,162m2) accommodates 2 no. studios, 31 no. 1 bed apartments and 28 no. 2 bed apartments.
- Block B (east – c 5,903m2) accommodates 1 no. studio, 33 no. 1 bed apartments, 35 no. 2 bed apartments, 1 no. 3 bed apartment and the community facility.
- Block C (south – 255m2) accommodates 2 no. 3 bed 3 storey maisonette apartments
- Podium (c. 1598 m2) accommodates 39 no. car parking spaces which includes 3 no. universal access spaces, 246 no. secure bicycle spaces, ESB substation and switch room, plant rooms, bins and other maintenance stores.
- Ancillary site development works include the provision of pedestrian zip link / greenway, access roadway, footpaths, 24 no. bicycle spaces, hard and soft landscaping, new boundary treatments and a landscaped courtyard at podium level.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the
Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment under the EIA Directive 2014/52/EU, and the Planning Authority has concluded that there will be no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and therefore an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of publication of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment. Persons wishing to inspect drawings of the proposed development should contact the Planning Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (01) 4149000.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy only by appointment at County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 during normal working hours during the period from 6th of August, 2020 to the 4th of September 2020.
The plans are available online on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website, http://consult.sdublincoco.ie during the period from 6th of August 2020 to the 18th of September 2020.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated, may be made in writing up to 16:30 by hand/ post and up to 23:59 for online submission on the 18th of September, 2020 and may be submitted either via:
Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie or Post to:
Senior Executive Officer,
Housing, Social & Community Development
South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.
Date of Public Notice: 6th of August, 2020. www.sdcc.ie