Whitechurch Stream Flood Alleviation Scheme - Section 177AE Planning Application
NOTICE PURSUANT TO: SECTION 177AE OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED) AND THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (AS AMENDED).
Proposed Whitechurch Stream Flood Alleviation Scheme (FAS) at Whitechurch Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.
NOTICE OF APPLICATION TO AN BORD PLEANÁLA FOR APPROVAL
Notice is hereby given that South Dublin County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for proposed flood defence works at Whitechurch Stream in Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, along the Whitechurch Stream between St Enda’s Park and its confluence to the Owendoher River at Ballyboden Road - comprising: building new walls and/or reinforcing existing ones, increasing existing wall heights, removal or replacement of low-level bridges, river bank improvement, provision of trash screens and debris traps, removal of trees and other vegetation to accommodate the works, and tree planting and landscaping.
A Natura Impact Statement (NIS) has been prepared as part of the application for approval in respect of the proposed Scheme.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the NIS and Project Particulars (including the EIA Screening) will be available for inspection at the following locations on working days from Thursday August 6th, 2020 to Thursday September 17th, 2020 (inclusive):
- The consultation website of South Dublin County Council at https://consult.sdublincoco.ie/ and the Scheme’s website at www.whitechurchfas.ie;
- The offices of South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24, between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, BY APPOINTMENT. To make an appointment please phone 01- 4149000 or email: email@example.com; and
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, between the hours of 9.15 am and 5.30 pm. Note: Due to COVID-19, it is recommended that persons contacting the Office to arrange viewing of the application in advance (Phone: (01) 858 8100 or Lo-call 1890 275 175).
The NIS and Project Particulars may be inspected free of charge or purchased on payment of a specified fee (which shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such copy).
Submissions or observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01V902 during the above-mentioned period relating to:
- the implications of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concerned;
- the likely effects on the environment, if carried out; and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed Scheme on a European site,
Any submissions or observations must be received by An Bord Pleanála not later than 5.30 pm on Thursday September 17th, 2020.
A person may question the validity of a decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No.15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Practical information in respect of the judicial review process can be accessed on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information Service website www.citizensinformation.ie.