Tallaght Stadium Part 8 Consultation
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001-2018
PART 8 PUBLIC NOTICE
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the proposal to construct the following development by South Dublin County Council:
Proposed new North spectator stand for Tallaght stadium, works mainly including refurbishment and internal alterations to the West stand, upgrades of accessible seating to the South stand, and all associated site & development works.
The proposed development will consist of;
New North stand:
- Proposed capacity of 2,500 to include covered universal accessible seating above pitch level, with an overall footprint area of 1,700 sq.m, and all associated enclosed ancillary floor area of 860 sq.m, comprising: ground floor undercroft units 564 sq.m, concessions, toilets and plant / service areas at ground and first floor levels 296 sq.m.
Existing West Stand:
- Refurbishment and alterations to existing West stand & associated accommodation to upgrade accommodation at ground and first floors & modification of central seating area. (NOTE: No increase of floor area or building volume)
Ground floor level:
- Internal alterations to the existing building to existing shop & office accommodation, internal fit-out of existing kitchen area and other internal minor alterations to layouts and all ancillary internal alterations to provide storage, office accommodation, media areas, changing rooms, toilets, staff/canteen areas, throughout.
First floor level:
- Fit-out of existing Kitchen, lobby & storage to existing multipurpose room. Alteration & refurbishment of existing bar.
Existing South Stand:
- Alterations to existing universal accessible seating, to provide enhanced raised and covered universal accessible seating above pitch level, with improved access and sightlines to pitch. No adjustment to the existing South stand capacity.
The overall site area being 41,221sq.m, and the footprint area relating to this application being 3,896sq.m with the Stadium capacity to increase from Circa 8,000 to 10,000.
Site development works comprising; new/altered turnstile access provision and exit gates to new North stand, no alterations to car parking, provision of 50 no. cycle parking spaces, hard surfaced area to new North Stand and associated public lighting. No alterations to existing stadium floodlighting.
The development also incorporates, alterations to boundary treatments including associated demolitions and adjustments to ground levels, mainly at proposed new North Stand location, all associated signage, hard and soft landscaping, services above and below ground, including new foul connection and all ancillary associated site development works.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment. The Planning Authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required. Any person may, within 4-weeks from the date of publication of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Persons wishing to inspect drawings of the proposed development should contact the Planning Department by emailing email@example.com or by phoning (01) 4149000. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy only by appointment at County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 during normal working hours during the period from 1st of July 2020 to the 29th July 2020.
The plans and particulars can be viewed on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website http://consult.sdublincoco.ie during the period from 1st of July 2020 to the 13th August 2020.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated may be made in writing up to 4:30pm on the 13th August 2020 and may be submitted either via:
Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Post to: Senior Executive Officer, Economic, Enterprise & Tourism Development Department, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council. South Dublin County Council’s Personal Data Privacy Statements can be viewed at www.sdcc.ie and all personal data will be retained in line with statutory requirements.
Director, Economic, Enterprise & Tourism Development, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Site Notice Erected on: 01.07.2020