Proposed Material Amendments to the Draft South Dublin County Development Plan
NOTICE OF PROPOSED MATERIAL ALTERATIONS TO THE SOUTH DUBLIN DRAFT COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2022-2028
Where did the proposed Material Alterations originate?
The Draft County Development Plan 2022-2028 was placed on public display for a period of over 10 weeks commencing on the 7th July to 15th September 2021. At the end of the display period a total of 302 no. submissions had been received in response to that public consultation process.
Stage 3 of the plan-making process relates to the proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Plan. The proposed Material Alterations (amendments) originated from the consideration of the submissions received between July and September 2021 on the Draft Development Plan 2022 - 2028. The Chief Executive prepared a report on the submissions to the Draft Plan and the Elected Members considered the report at Special Council Meetings in March 2022, where they resolved to amend the Draft Plan.
In accordance with section 12 (7) of the Planning and Development Act (as amended) this document sets out the Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Plan as made by the Elected Members of South Dublin County Council following consideration of the Draft County Development Plan 2022-2028 and the Chief Executive’s Report on submissions.
How to read the changes made to the Draft Plan by Material Alteration
The proposed material alterations are set out by Chapter under Volume 1. They include changes to the text and maps (where appropriate) of the Draft South Dublin County Development Plan Written Statement and certain Appendices which were also subject to amendments and to maps where appropriate. The SEA Screening Determination and amended SEA Environmental Report (which includes information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing relevant alterations), amended SEA Non-Technical Summary, AA Screening Determination and amended AA Natura Impact Report– are also on public display.
The proposed material alterations are displayed by Chapter and in table format. Each table includes: the location (page number) and section the proposed material alteration relates to in the Draft County Development Plan 2022-2028 and details of the proposed material alteration. Maps accompany the text where required.
Deletions to the text are shown in red text with a strikethrough. New text to be inserted is shown in green. A number of proposed amendments may contain a mix of deleted text and new text which would contain both red strikethrough and green text, for example:
|Chapter/ Section||Section 6.7.4 Internal Residential Accommodation|
|Amendment ref.||Amendment: 6.7|
|Policy/Objective No.||Amend H10 Objective 3|
|Text/Policy/Objective Amendment Wording|
Amend H10 Objective 3 as follows:
H10 Objective 3: To consider the need for housing units to provide enough space to allow for individuals to work from home.
H10 Objective 3:
Where a proposed material alteration involves the insertion of a new section / policy objective or an existing part of the Draft Plan is removed, the updated section / policy objective numbering has been applied or is referenced with an ‘X’. References to existing sections of the Draft Plan listed thereafter will remain as per their existing section / policy objective number for ease of reference.
In making your submission, please indicate the Proposed Amendment reference number on which you are commenting. Also indicate and the reference page number provided where required.'
The Chief Executive will prepare a report on the submissions received on the Proposed Material Alterations and the Environmental Report and Natura Impact Report and will submit this to the elected members on May 23rd 2022. The Elected Members will consider the CE Report and will make the final plan at one or more Special Council Meetings, the last to be held no later than 1st July 2022. The Development Plan will come into effect 6 weeks after the last meeting.
View the Proposed Material Amendments
In accordance with Section 12(7) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 (as amended), the SEA and AA Determinations, the SEA Environmental Report (which includes information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing relevant alterations) and the AA Natura Impact Report, with a copy of the proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Plan, will be available for public inspection from Tuesday 29th March to Tuesday 26th April inclusive, at the following locations:
- Online at https://www.sdcc.ie/en/devplan2022/
- In person at Tallaght Civic Offices, Tallaght (09.00 -16.30) and at Clondalkin Civic Offices by appointment (the need for appointment may change) and
At the following Council libraries during normal opening hours and subject to any relevant Covid restrictions in place during the consultation period:
- County Library, Library Square, Tallaght, Dublin D24 A3EX
- Ballyroan Library, Orchardstown Avenue, Rathfarnham, Dublin D14 VY33
- Clondalkin Library, Monastery Road, Clondalkin, Dublin D22 XP03
- Lucan Shopping Centre, Newcastle Road, Lucan, Dublin K78 V295
- North Clondalkin Library, Liscarne Close, Rowlagh, Dublill 22
Make a Submission
Submissions may be made between Tuesday 29th March and Tuesday 26th April (both dates inclusive) through the following two options only:
A written submission can be made electronically through the Council's Online Portal: https://consult.sdublincoco.ie (up to 23:59 on Tuesday 26th April 2022)
In writing to Senior Executive Officer, Forward Planning .Section, Land Use Planning & Transportation Department, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Please make your submission by one medium only - i.e. hard copy or via the consultation portal.
Email submissions and late submissions will not be accepted.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed M!aterial Alterations, the associated SEA Environmental Report (including SEA Screening of Proposed Material Alterations and information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing relevant alterations) and the AA Natura Impact Report (including AA Screening of Proposed Material Alterations), SEA and AA Determinations, will be taken into consideration before the making of the South Dublin County Development Plan 2022-2028.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:-
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- In accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended), all submissions/observations received will be published on line and will also form part of the statutory Chief Executive's Report to be submitted to the full Council. You should ensure that no vexatious, defamatory, or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
- The personal information collected during the consultation process is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions. For further information on how South Dublin County Council processes your personal data contained in submissions or observations to the County Development Plan please see South Dublin County Council's Data Protection Policy on the Council's website: www.sdcc.ie/en/services/our-council/access-to-information/ data-protection