Part 8 Consultation for Proposed Extension and Alterations to Rathcoole Courthouse
South Dublin County Council
Proposed New Works to a Protected Structure
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 - 2018
Part 8 PUBLIC NOTICE
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the proposal to construct the following development by South Dublin County Council:
Proposed Extension and Alterations to the former Court of Petty Sessions, Rathcoole, County Dublin
Works to the existing building and its site which is a Protected Structure include:
- Demolition of the existing outbuildings and gates which are in the yard behind the former courthouse building
- Demolition of part of the back wall of the former courthouse building where the proposed new extension will connect to the existing building.
- Works to allow access for all members of the community within the existing building include construction of a new toilet in the large room, a new access ramp up to the stage in the large room and fitting of an electronic motor to automate of the entrance door to the smaller room.
- Repair and partial replacement of the suspended timber floor.
- Replacement of the existing roof tiles with new roof tiles
- Repair of the structural roof timbers and cornice above the larger room after water ingress, damage to internal finishes and decay of structural roof timbers.
- Mechanical and electrical works as required.
The construction of a new Extension behind the former courthouse building will include:
- A café / servery and kitchenette
- Toilets and public conveniences
- A meeting room
The proposed works also include alterations to the boundary condition between the lane and the courtyard behind the existing building, new hard landscaping works and all necessary associated ancillary works on the site and adjacent areas.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment. The Planning Authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required. Any person may, within 4-weeks from the date of publication of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or for purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy for a period of four weeks from Monday 12th April 2021 to Tuesday 11th May during the public opening hours at the offices of South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 and at Clondalkin Civic Offices, Dublin 22, and on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated may be made in writing up to
4.30 pm on Tuesday 25th May 2021 and may be submitted either via:
Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Post to: Senior Executive Officer, Housing, Social & Community Development Department, South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council. South Dublin County Council's Personal Data Privacy Statements can be viewed at www.sdcc.ie and all personal data will be retained in line with statutory requirements. Submissions cannot be accepted in any other format or to any other postal address. Submissions and observations should state the name, address, and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc. which you represent. Date site notice erected: Friday 9th April 2021.
Director, Housing, Social & Community Development, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Visit www.southdublin.ie for all your information needs