Draft South Dublin County Development Plan 2022 - 2028
Explore the Draft plan and join the conversation by making your submission and help shape the future growth of your County, your Neighbourhood.
The Draft South Dublin County Development Plan 2022 - 2028 has been prepared in accordance with the provision of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and is now on public display for 10 weeks.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report and an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Report.
The Draft Plan (Written Statement, including Appendices) and associated SEA Environmental Report and AA Natura Impact Report will be on public display and available for public inspection from 7th July to 15th September 2021 on this public consultation portal, at https://www.sdcc.ie/en/devplan2022/and at the following locations:
- Tallaght Civic Offices, Tallaght (09.00 -16.30) and at Clondalkin Civic Offices by appointment (the need for appointment may change) and;
- at the following Council libraries during normal opening hours and subject to relevant Covid restrictions in place during the consultation period:
- County Library, Library Square, Tallaght, Dublin D24 A3EX
- Ballyroan Library, Orchardstown Avenue, Rathfarnham, Dublin D14 VY33
- Clondalkin Library, Monastery Road, Clondalkin, Dublin D22 XPO3
- Lucan Shopping Centre, Newcastle Road, Lucan, Dublin K78 V295
- North Clondalkin Library, Liscarne Close Rowlagh, Dublin 22
Please check the Council’s website or call 01 4149000 for arrangements to access to these buildings as appointments may be necessary having regard to prevailing COVID precautions.
Hard copies of the Draft Plan [written statement, including appendices, environmental report and maps] will be available to purchase only on request (please call 01 4149000).
Join the Conversation
The plan making process is a collaborative one and we are looking for you to explore the Draft Plan and provide your views on the Draft County Development Plan. South Dublin County Council hereby invites any interested individuals or parties to make submissions and observations in respect of the Draft Plan. Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled to make submissions or observations.
Any further public consultation events will be advertised during the display period on https://www.sdcc.ie/en/devplan2022/ under the Latest News section.
Submissions may be made between Wednesday 7th July and Wednesday 15th September 2021 (both dates inclusive) through the following two options only:
- A written submission can be made electronically through the Council’s Online Portal: https://consult.sdublincoco.ie (up to 23:59 on Wednesday 15th September 2021);
- In writing to Senior Executive Officer, Forward Planning Section, Land Use Planning & Transportation Department, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Please make your submission by one medium only that is either hard copy or via the consultation portal. Email submissions will not be accepted.
All submissions should include your name and a contact address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended). You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous, or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full.
Please note that all written submissions or observations received by the Planning Authority shall be published on the website of the authority within 10 working days of its receipt by that authority in accordance with Section 13 (3A) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended),
The final date for receipt of submissions is 4.00pm by post on Wednesday 15th September 2021 and 11.59pm on Wednesday 15th September 2021 online. Please note that late submissions will not be considered.