Part 8 Consultation on Public Realm Works at Tallaght Town Centre
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS, 2001 (AS AMENDED)
PART 8 PROPOSAL
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, South Dublin County Council hereby give notice to construct the following development in the townland of Tallaght:
Development of public realm works totalling approximately 1.2ha at Belgard Square North and on South Dublin County Council lands to the south and north of Belgard Square North, Tallaght including:
- Proposed new public space at Innovation Square
- Proposed works to include a new advertising totem in Innovation Square extending to a maximum height of 2.4m x 1.5m.
- Proposed new Belgard Square North/Airton East West pedestrian link street
- Pedestrian crossings at Belgard Square North and Belgard Cookstown Link Street
- Redevelopment of County Hall Pedestrian Link
- Redevelopment and reprofiling of levels within Chamber Square.
- Proposed works to include the reconfiguration of existing County Council carpark including widening of County Hall Pedestrian Link with additional planting, seating and relocation of wheelchair accessible parking spaces, a new pedestrian crossing and associated amendments to the carpark.
- All ancillary site development and landscaping works, including public lighting, play equipment, furniture and sports equipment, cycle parking, seating, pathways, planting, surface water drainage and boundaries.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment under the EIA Directive 2014/52/EU. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of publication of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Persons wishing to inspect drawings of the proposed development should contact the Planning Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (01) 4149000. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy only by appointment at County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 during office hours from 30th July 2020 to 27th August 2020.
The plans are available online on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website, http://consult.sdublincoco.ie during the period from 30th July 2020 to 10th September 2020.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated, may be made in writing up to 5.00pm on the 10th September 2020 and may be submitted either via:
Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
A/Senior Executive Officer
Project Delivery Unit, Corporate Performance and Change Management,
South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council. South Dublin County Council’s Personal Data Privacy Statements can be viewed at www.sdcc.ie and all personal data will be retained in line with statutory requirements.
Land Use Planning and Transportation
South Dublin County Council