Whitestown Stream Local Park
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
Part 8 PUBLIC NOTICE
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the proposal to construct the following development by South Dublin County Council:
PROPOSED UPGRADE OF WHITESTOWN STREAM LOCAL PARK IN THE TOWNLAND OF JOBSTOWN, TALLAGHT
Upgrade of existing boundaries and access points
- Provide new footpath at Cloonmore to complete footpath loop
- Overlay existing footpaths
- Upgrade existing bridge linking Bawnlea Avenue and Cloonmore Road and provide with 2 new bridges one at either end of the stream.
- Remove graffiti as required from boundary walls and other locations, with the enhancement of existing service gates.
- Removal low-level wall on the Southeast boundary of the park and incorporate landscape design into the recently completed N81 cycle scheme.
- Construction of new boundary with access point at Cloonmore Ave & Gort lar.
- Re-position boundaries (hidden corners) with possible future land ownership transfer from SDCC to 3rd parties (any land ownership transfer will be subject to a separate decision by the council).
- Existing public lighting to be upgraded and proposed installation of new lighting columns
- Planting of tree, shrubs, and wildflowers/bulbs and other plants.
- Play/exercise trail every 100m.
- Installation of natural play area adjacent Cloonmore Rd.
- All associated landscape design including furniture and planting.
- All ancillary works.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment. The Planning Authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required. Any person may, within 4-weeks from the date of publication of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Persons wishing to inspect drawings and particulars of the proposed development can do so as follows between the period from 22nd July 2022 to 3rd September 2022.
IN PERSON: Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 during office hours from 22nd July 2022 to 3rd September 2022.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated, may be made in writing up to 5.00pm on the 3rd September 2022 and may be submitted:
Senior Executive Officer,
Environment Water and Climate Change Department,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.
Director, Environment Water and Climate Change Department, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.