Part 8 - A Landscape Improvement Scheme along the N81 from the junction with the N82 (City West Road) to the M50 and along the R137 from the junction with the M50 to the junction with the R817, (excluding the TII zone of responsibility at the M50).
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning and Development Act 2000 to 2011 (as amended)
Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 to 2012 - Part 8
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, South Dublin County Council hereby give notice of the proposal to construct A LANDSCAPE IMPROVEMENT SCHEME ALONG THE N81 FROM THE JUNCTION WITH THE N82 (City West Road) TO THE M50 AND ALONG THE R137 FROM THE JUNCTION WITH THE M50 TO THE JUNCTION WITH THE R817, (EXCLUDING THE TII ZONE OF RESPONSIBILITY AT THE M50). The proposed works primarily comprise the following:
- New speed reducing traffic table and pedestrian crossing at the Old Bawn Road south of the N81.
- Upgrading and realignment of the existing carriageway from the Belgard Road to the Old Bawn Road including a widening of the median.
- Upgrading and realignment of the junction of the N81 with the Old Bawn Road, omitting 2 traffic islands on the north side of the N81 in accordance with the Tallaght Town Centre Framework Plan.
- Upgrading of the existing crossing at Avonmore Road/Glenview Park in accordance with the Avonmore Road/N81 Junction Improvement Toucan crossing upgrade proposals.
- Upgrade to bicycle track and pedestrian footpath and crossing points proposed in the N81 (Fortunestown to N82) Part VIII layout, with slight changes to cycle track and footpath arrangement.
- Provision of a new footpath at N81/Old Blessington Road junction and from the M50 roundabout to Glenview Drive.
- Upgrading and realignment of the cycle track along the N81 from Cookstown Way to Belgard Square South.
- New landscape works along the N81 including upgrading of planting to the verges and median.
- New hard landscape works and planting on the N81 median and verges from Old Blessington Road to Old Bawn Road.
- Landscape works at the junctions with the R136, Firhouse Road West, Belgard Road & Cypress Grove Road.
- Upgrade the paving and planting at Kiltalown Park.
- Create a linear park from the Fortunestown Road to Maplewood.
- Create a linear park to the south of Whitestown stream from the Old Bawn Road to Avonbeg Road.
- New landscape works at Knockmore and Killinarden estates, Maplewood estate, Wellington Lane, and the Glenview and Spawell roundabouts.
- New landscape works between the N81 and the River Dodder from Avonmore Road to the M50 roundabout.
- Upgrade the entrance to Sean Walsh Park at the Old Bawn Road.
- Upgrade the landscape treatment at the frontage and entrance to Tymon Park at the R137.
- Provision of new public lighting, signage, art works, street furniture, associated drainage for the route and
- All ancillary works
The scheme has been designed in accordance with the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS), Forgiving Roadsides (Transport Infrastructure Ireland publication), the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and the National Cycle Manual. The scheme aims to provide for high quality landscape treatments along the route and to improve pedestrian and cyclist connectivity and safety. The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC).
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Thursday the 17th of November 2016 to Friday the 6th of January 2017 at the following locations:
- South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 between the hours of 9:00 am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection and purchase)
- Ballyroan Library, Orchardstown Avenue, Rathfarnham, Dublin D14 VY33, between the hours of 9.45 am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 9.45am to 4.30pm Friday and Saturday, Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends. (Inspection only)
- Castletymon Library, Tymon Road North, Tallaght, Dublin D24 TH72, between the hours of 9.45 am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 9.45am to 4.30pm Friday and Saturday, Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends. (Inspection only)
- County Library Tallaght, Library Square, Tallaght, Dublin D24 A3EX, between the hours of 9.45 am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 9.45am to 4.30pm Friday and Saturday, Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends. (Inspection only)
- The plans and particulars can be viewed on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated may be made in writing up to 4.30pm on Friday the 20th of January 2017 and must be addressed to;
Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Post: Senior Executive Officer,
Environment Water and Climate Change Department,
South Dublin County Council,
Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.
Director, Environment Water and Climate Change Department, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Drop In Information Session Regarding the above Part 8: hosted by South Dublin County Council
When: Tuesday, 17th January 2017 from 4pm to 6pm
Where: Meeting Room, County Library, Tallaght, Dublin 24
South Dublin County Council are holding a public drop in information session in relation to the proposals for a landscape enhancement scheme along the N81 from the junction with the N82 (City West Road) to the M50 and along the R137 from the junction with the M50 to the junction with the R817, (excluding the Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) zone of responsibility at the M50). Members of the public, representatives of interested groups, business interests and anyone with an interest in the proposed scheme can view drawings, talk to the project team and ask questions.