Part 8 for an all-weather pitch at Knockmitten, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning and Development Act 2000 to 2011 (as amended)
Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 to 2012 - Part 8
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, South Dublin County Council hereby give notice of the proposal to construct an All-Weather Pitch at Knockmitten, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, on the site of the old Basketball Court and adjacent to the Community Centre and the recently constructed Play Space.
The outline details of the proposal are:
• An all-weather pitch approximately 36 x 50m in size.
• The pitch will be floodlit to allow for evening use. The floodlighting will be designed to minimise the light spillage onto the surrounding residential area and the M50 motorway.
• It will be surrounded by a 2.4m high weldmesh type fence; topped with a 3.6m high ball stop net.
• Relocation of existing footpath to the north of the proposed pitch.
• The proposal may mean the relocation of the existing low voltage overhead powerlines.
• All ancillary works
It is proposed that the facility will be open until 10pm Monday to Friday and until 7pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC).
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Thursday the 16th of February 2017 to Friday the 31st of March 2017 at the following locations:
• South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 between the hours of 9:00 am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection and purchase)
• Civic Offices Clondalkin, 22 between the hours of 9:00 am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (4.30pm on Fridays). (Inspection only)
• Clondalkin Library, Clondalkin Library, Monastery Road, Clondalkin, Dublin D22 between the hours of 9:45 am – 8.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.45am - 4.30pm on Friday & Saturday. (Inspection only)
• Youth and Community Centre, Knockmitten, Clondalkin, Dublin 22. During opening hours. (Inspection only)
• The plans and particulars can be viewed on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated may be made in writing up to 4.30pm on Friday the 21st of April 2017 and may be submitted either:
via Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
By post to :
Senior Executive Officer,
Environment Water and Climate Change Department,
South Dublin County Council,
Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.
Director, Environment Water and Climate Change Department, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.