Grange Castle West Access Road
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (PART XI (AS AMENDED)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS, 2001 (AS AMENDED)
PART 8 PUBLIC NOTICE
Grange Castle West Access Road
Notice is hereby given of the proposed provision by South Dublin County Council of the above scheme in the townlands of Brownstown, Clutterland, Loughtown Upper and Milltown.
The proposed Grange Castle West Access Road will include the following features:
• 1.03km of Dual Carriageway with an average corridor width of 34m.
• 1.15km of Single Carriageway with an average corridor width of 25m.
• 1 No. double lane and 3 No. single lane fully segregated roundabouts.
• Raised 2m wide cycle path and separate 2m wide pedestrian walkway.
• An attenuation lake to accommodate surface water drainage requirements from the proposed road and surrounding hardstand areas, this will double up as a amenity area.
• Controlled and uncontrolled pedestrian and cyclist road crossings.
• Landscaped entrance and security structures to aesthetically harmonize with existing Grange Castle and Grange Castle South Business Park entrances.
• Bus stops and sustainable transport facilities.
• Underground utilities and services including: Storm Water Drainage, Foul Drainage, Watermain, Gas, Power, Telecoms, Public Lighting & CCTV.
• All associated ancillary works and integrated landscape plans.
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Friday 5th of October 2018 to Tuesday 20th November 2018 at the following locations:
• South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 A3XC between the hours of 9:00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection only) between the hours of 9:00am –4.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am – 3.30pm on Friday (Inspection and Purchase).
• Civic Centre, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, D22 E9X5, between the hours of 9:00am –5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection only).
• County Library, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 A3EX, between the hours of 9.45am to 8.00pm Monday to Thursday, 9.45am to 4.30pm Fri to Sat. Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends (Inspection only).
• Clondalkin Library, Monastery Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, D22 XP03, between the hours of 9:45am – 8.00pm Monday to Thursday, 9.45am – 4.30pm Fri to Sat. Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends (Inspection only).
• Lucan Library, Lucan Shopping Centre, Newcastle Road, Dublin, K78 V295,between the hours of 9:45am – 8.00pm Monday to Thursday, 9.45am – 4.30pm Fri to Sat. Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends (Inspection only).
An Ecological Impact Assessment Report has been prepared in respect of the proposed works. The proposed Scheme has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening under the EIA Directive 2014/52/EU.
The documents are also available to view on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal
Submissions and observations on the Part 8 Proposed Grange Castle West Access Road can be made online and in writing to the addresses below;
• Online: at https://consult.sdublincoco.ie up to Midnight on the Tuesday 4th December 2018
• By Post: In writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Economic Enterprise & Tourism Development, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 up to 4.00pm on the
Tuesday 4th December 2018.
Only submissions received by Tuesday 4th December 2018 and addressed as set out above, will be considered. Submissions cannot be accepted in any other format or toany other postal address. Submissions and observations should state the name, address,and where relevant the body represented however in the interests of data protection interested parties are asked not to include any other personal information when making submissions. All comments including the names and addresses of those making the comments, submitted to the Council regarding the Part 8 Grange Castle West AccessRoad will form a report to be presented to South Dublin County Council, and will form part of a public document and the information contained in submissions received will be available for public inspection and made available on the Council’s website and the Council’s public counter.
Senior Executive Officer,
Economic Enterprise & Tourism Development Department,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act 2014 and the General Data
Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 apply to all records
held by South Dublin County Council. South Dublin County Council’s Personal Data
Privacy Statements can be viewed at www.sdcc.ie and all personal data will be retained in
line with statutory requirements.