We are delighted to have been awarded funding from the National Transport Authority to deliver cycle parking to Schools and Sports Clubs again in 2022. This will allow us to support the increasing demand at Sports Clubs as they see more of their members take up cycling as their primary mode of trasnport to training and matches.
We have delivered and installed Cycle Parking to over 40 Schools and Sports Clubs across South Dublin in 2022 alongside 6 Public Parks so far with funding from the NTA and we will continue to deliver more for the latter part of 2022. This application process is for Sports Clubs/ AfterSchool Clubs and we will supply and install Sheffield Style Toaster Adult and Junior Stands as required. These stands come with Capacity for 10 Bikes or 6 bikes. We will also have a limited number of Bike Shelters with 5 Adult Bike Hoops available. Cycle Parking and Bike Shelters will be available for installation in late 2022 November/December.
For Schools we will open up applications again as a seperate process when they reopen again in late August 2022.
South Dublin County Council will provide free standing sheffield style toaster racks Adult and Junior stands to your club delivered and fully installed. This year we have supplied and installed Cycle Parking at St Judes GAA Club, Faughs Gaa Club, Knocklyon Utd, Greenhills FC, Thomas Davis GAA, Round Towers GAA Club to name but a few. A full list of all our Bike Parking locations will be on our New Active Travel Website on the GIS Maps section which will launch in late July 2022
What the Club Needs to do
- Once the Cycle Stands are delivered and installed to the Club, they become the reponsibility of the Club, each Club needs to sign a waiver form to accept responsibility for the stands as part of the application process
-Promote Active Travel amongst their Members and encourage members to cycle
- Interested Clubs complete the online application form
- Clubs will be notified once there application has been received
- Once application is processed, the contractor will agree a time to assess the installation at the Club and agree with the club when the works will take place
- Stands intsalled and clubs to send in photos once up an running