River Poddle Flood Alleviation Scheme - Significant Further Information - Issued to An Bord Pleanala on 29th April 2022
AN BORD PLEANÁLA
SIGNIFICANT FURTHER INFORMATION
NOTICE PURSUANT TO: Section 175(5)(d) and Section 177AE(5)(d) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, and the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended.
South Dublin County Council and Dublin City Council give notice that they have furnished significant further information to An Bord Pleanála in respect of a planning application for the River Poddle Flood Alleviation Scheme (application register reference number ABP-306725-20).
The proposed scheme consists of flood protection works along and adjacent to the River Poddle in the townlands of:
- Tymon North, Whitehall, Perrystown, Templeogue, Kimmage (pt. Rathfarnham C.P.) and Kimmage (pt. Crumlin C.P.) in the administrative area of South Dublin County Council.
- Kimmage (pt. Rathfarnham C.P.), Kimmage (pt. Crumlin C.P.), Tonguefield, Argos, Haroldscross West, Haroldscross, and Merchant’s Quay in the administrative area of Dublin City Council.
The significant further information may be inspected free of charge or purchased on payment of a specified fee (which fee shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such copy) during public opening hours* for a period of six weeks commencing on the 19th May 2022 at the following locations:
- South Dublin County Council offices, County Hall, Belgard Square North, Tallaght, Dublin 24 between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on working days from 19th May 2022 to 30th June 2022 (inclusive).
- Dublin City Council Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8, between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm on working days from 19th May 2022 to 30th June 2022 (inclusive).
- The offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 between the hours of 9:15 am and 5:30 pm on working days from 19th May 2022 to 30th June 2022 (inclusive).
*subject to Covid-19 measures, it may be necessary to make an appointment in advance to attend the offices of South Dublin County Council and Dublin City Council.
Submissions or observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 or online at https://www.pleanala.ie/en-IE/Observation-on-a-strategic-Infrastructure-devel during the above-mentioned period relating to:
- the implications of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concerned;
- the likely effects on the environment, if carried out; and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site.
Any submissions or observations must be accompanied by a fee of €50 (except in the case of certain prescribed bodies, and except in the case of a person or body who has already made a submission or observation) and must be received by the Board no later than 5:30 pm on 30th June 2022.
Such submissions or observations must also include the following information:
- the name of the person, authority or body making the submission or observation, the name of the person, if any, acting on behalf of that person, authority or body, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent;
- the subject matter of the submission or observation; and
- the reasons, considerations and arguments on which the submission or observation is or are based.
Any submissions or observations which do not comply with the above requirements cannot be considered by the Board. A submission or observation duly made will be considered by An Bord Pleanála in making a decision on the application.
It is at the absolute discretion of the Board whether to hold an oral hearing on the case.
The Board may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A person may question the validity of a decision of An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the Rule of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986, as amended). Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed on the Board’s website at www.pleanala.ie under the heading ‘Legal Notices – Judicial Review Notice’ or on the Citizens Information Service website www.citizensinformation.ie.
Any enquiries relating to the application process should be directed to the Strategic Infrastructure Section of An Bord Pleanála (Telephone: 01 858 8100).
Date of notice – 19th May 2022