Kingswood Luas - Traffic Calming Section 38
Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994
The purpose of this non-statutory consultation is to provide notice of South Dublin County Council’s intention to make the following adjustments to the signal-controlled junction near the Kingswood Luas Stop.
- Permanent closure of the controlled crossing point east of Sylvan Drive. Installation of barrier and removal of tactile and kerb realignment to facilitate the closure.
- Removal of the refuge island and relocation of the secondary signals west of Sylvan Drive. Footpath buildout on the southern path to reduce the crossing distance to the other side of the road
- Installation of a pedestrian countdown timer on the east-west crossing point at Sylvan Drive.
- Other safety measures may be carried out as required.
The plans and particulars of the proposed measures are available for inspection online on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website (http://consult.sdublincoco.ie) during the period from 20th July to 18th August 2023.
Submissions can be made using the Consultation tab in South Dublin Council Council’s consultation portal. Only one submission per household. Once works commence they cannot be reversed. Your submissions on the proposed works can be made as follows;
- On South Dublin County Council’s Public Consultation Portal website http://consult.sdublincoco.ie under Consultation by midnight on 19th August 2023.
- In writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Roads Department, Land Use, Planning and Transportation, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24, to be received on or before 5.00pm on 18th August 2023, submissions should be labelled “Luas Works - Kingswood"
Please make your submission by one of the above methods only. Only submissions received as set out above will be considered. Submissions cannot be accepted in any other format or to any other postal address.
All submissions received will be considered and will form part of the Chief Executive’s report on the public consultation process.