Dublin Agglomeration Environmental Noise Action Plan
EC Directive 2002/49/EC and S.I. No. 140 of 2006 relating to the assessment and management of environmental noise
Preparation of an Environmental Noise Action Plan for the Agglomeration of Dublin
Dublin City Council, Dún Laoghaire – Rathdown County Council, Fingal County Council and South Dublin County Council intend to prepare jointly an ‘Environmental Noise Action Plan’ for the Dublin Agglomeration.
This strategic plan will cover environmental noise from traffic and rail and exclude noise from domestic activities, noise created by neighbours, noise at work places or noise inside means of transport or due to military activities in military areas.
The main purpose of the Noise Action Plan is to: -
- Inform and consult the public about noise exposure, its effects, and the measures which may be considered to address noise problems.
- Address strategic noise issues by requiring competent authorities to draw up action plans to manage noise issues and their effects.
- To reduce noise where possible and maintain environmental acoustic quality where it is good.
The Noise Action Plan will cover the period from December 2018 to November 2023.
Information on Noise maps, reports and population exposure statistics can be found on each of the four Local Authority’s websites:
- South Dublin County Council- www.sdcc.ie
- Dublin City Council- www.dublincity.ie
- Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council- www.dlrcoco.ie
- Fingal County Council- www.fingal.ie
A draft of the proposed Noise Action Plan in paper format is also available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at each Council Main office, during normal office hours.
Making a Submission
Written submissions or observations in relation to the draft Noise Action Plan may be made
on-line at any of the following facilities:
- South Dublin County Council https://consult.sdublincoco.ie
- Dublin City Council https://consultation.dublincity.ie
- Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council https://dlrcoco.citizenspace.com
- Fingal County Council https://consult.fingal.ie
By Post to:
Environmental Health Department,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
All written representations shall be made by in writing up to 4.00pm on Wedensday, December 19th, 2018, or midnight on December 19th 2018 if submitted though the online facility.
As an online facility has been provided for your convenience, e-mail submissions will not be accepted.
Submissions should be in ONE medium only and include the full name and address of the person making the submission, details of organisation, community group or company represented where relevant and clearly marked "Draft Noise Action Plan".
Only submissions received by Wednesday 19th December 2018 and addressed as set out above, will be considered. Submissions cannot be accepted in any other format or to any other postal address. Submissions and observations should state the name, address, and where relevant the body represented however in the interests of data protection interested parties are asked not to include any other personal information when making submissions.
It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by the four Dublin Local Authorities.