Celbridge Link Road
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Planning and Development Acts 2000 (Part XI) (AS AMENDED)
Planning & Development Regulations 2001(AS AMENDED) Part 8
CELBRIDGE LINK ROAD
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the proposal to construct the following scheme by South Dublin County Council in the townlands of Tobermaclugg and Backstown:
The proposed Celbridge Link Road is a new two-way single carriageway road alignment linking the Adamstown SDZ lands to the Celbridge Road (R403), a distance of approximately 810m in length.
The Proposed Scheme includes the following works:
- Construction of a new two-way single carriageway road alignment linking the Adamstown SDZ lands to the Celbridge Road (R403) approx. 810m in length.
- Construction of 810m of new footpaths and cycle tracks in both directions.
- New signalised junction where the proposed Celbridge Link Road meets the Celbridge Road (R403).
- New uncontrolled T-junction where the proposed Celbridge Link Road meets Tubber Lane. This junction will be constructed to allow for future potential upgrade to a signal controlled junction.
- New vehicular cul-de-sac with turning facilities on Tubber Lane on the eastern side of the proposed Celbridge Link Road. Pedestrian and Cycle access will be maintained along Tubber Lane.
- Construction of boundary treatments and appropriate landscaping works and Public Lighting.
- Drainage, public lighting and ancillary service works.
An Environmental Report has been prepared in respect of the proposed works. The proposed Road Scheme has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and it has been determined that an Appropriate Assessment is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy From 21 December 2017 to 07 February 2018 at the following locations:
- South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 between the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm Friday (Inspection only) between the hours of 9am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 3.30pm Friday (Inspection and Purchase).
- Tallaght Library, Library Square, Tallaght, Dublin 24 (between the hours of 9.45am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday and 9.45am to 4.30pm Friday and Saturday) (Inspection only).
- Lucan Library, Supervalu Shopping Centre, Adamstown Road, Lucan, Co. Dublin (between the hours of 9.45am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday and 9.45am to 4.30pm Friday and Saturday) (Inspection only).
Submissions and observations on the proposed Celbridge Link Road can be made online and in writing to the addresses below between 21 December 2017 to 21 February 2018 inclusive (excluding Public Holidays) as follows;
- Online: at https://consult.sdublincoco.ie up to 12.00 Midnight on the 21 February 2018
- By Post: In writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Forward Planning Section, Land Use, Planning and Transportation, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24. To arrive no later than 5.00pm 21 February 2018
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. Only submissions received by 21 February 2018 and addressed as set out above, will be considered. Submissions cannot be accepted in any other format or to any other postal address. Submissions and observations should state the name, address, and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc. which you represent.
All comments including the names and addresses of those making the comments, submitted to the Council with regards to the Part 8 Proposed Celbridge Link Road will form a report to be presented to South Dublin County Council, and will form part of a public document.
Senior Executive Officer, Forward Planning Section,
Land Use, Planning & Transportation,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act 2014 applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.