Amendments to Grange Rd Part 8
Amendments to Grange Rd Part 8
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as Amended)
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as Amended)
Amendments to Grange Road Part 8 (between Beaufort Downs and Tara Hill Road)
In accordance with Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 (as Amended), South Dublin County
Council hereby gives notice of a proposal to amend the Grange Road Part 8. The proposed changes to the existing Part 8
includes the following works:
1. Continuation of the cycle tracks through the full length of the scheme. Advisory cycle tracks to be provided in the
2. Removal of three small areas of parking, one to the south of Beaufort Downs, the other north of Convent Rd N and the
other opposite Convent Road S, in order to maximise the footpath width in these areas.
3. A pedestrian crossing is to be provided at Stonepark Abbey, as this is a significant crossing point.
4. Various increased traffic calming proposals, including extending traffic platforms and changes to the colour of the road
5. Merge the two northbound bus stops, one adjacent to Tara Hill Rd the other near Convent Lane, which are only 117m
apart, as the bus stop adjacent to Tara Hill Rd causes significant congestions and is a safety hazard.
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the
reasonable cost of making a copy from 22nd June 2018 up to and including 9th August 2018 at:
South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24. between the hours of 9:00am to 5.00pm Monday to
Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection only) between the hours of 9:00am – 4.00pm Monday to Thursday and
9.00am – 3.30pm on Friday (Inspection and Purchase)
The documents are also available to view on the Council’s Public Consultation Portal website http://
Submissions and observations on the amendments to Grange Road Part 8 can be made online and in writing to the
addresses below between Friday 22nd June 2018 to Thursday 9th August 2018 inclusive (excluding Public Holidays) as
• Online: at https://consult.sdublincoco.ie up to Midnight on the Thursday 9th August 2018
• B y Post: In writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Roads Department, Land Use, Planning and Transportation,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 up to 4.00pm on the Thursday 9th August 2018.
Only submissions received by Thursday 9th August 2018 and addressed as set out above, will be considered. Submissions cannot
be accepted in any other format or to any other postal address. Submissions and observations should state the name, address, and
where relevant the body represented. All comments including the names and addresses of those making the comments,
submitted to the Council regarding the Amendments to Grange Road Part 8 will form a report to be presented to South Dublin
County Council, and will form part of a public document.
Senior Executive Officer,
Land Use, Planning & Transportation,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Dated: