Part 8 Consultation for Proposed Intergenerational Centre at Tymon Park
South Dublin County Council
Proposed New Works
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 - 2018
Part 8 PUBLIC NOTICE
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the proposal to construct the following development by South Dublin County Council:
PROPOSED INTERGENERATIONAL CENTRE AT TYMON PARK,
WELLINGTON LANE, IN THE TOWNLAND OF TEMPLEOGUE, DUBLIN 6W
The single storey Intergenerational Centre development, of internal floor area of 157m2, is situated in Tymon Park facing onto the Wellington Lane car park. It will consist of:
- A Multi-functional Community Space
- Associated Kitchen, WCs, Storage and Services.
- Terrace for outdoor seating overlooking the park and storage and services area to rear and associated railings and fencing
- Replacement of 4 no. car parking spaces with entrance forecourt and cycle parking to facilitate pedestrians and cyclists. The existing number of 4 no. designated parking spaces will be maintained.
- All associated works and services
- Installation of CCTV for security
- Alteration works to existing stone wall between car park and park to provide enlarged pedestrian entrance and relocated maintenance entrance to south
- Removal of temporary toilet block, replaced by facilities within the proposed development, to accommodate relocated maintenance entrance.
- All associated furniture and fittings
- All associated landscape, planting and surface renewal works
- All ancillary works.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment. The Planning Authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required. Any person may, within 4-weeks from the date of publication of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy for a period of four weeks from Monday 19th April 2021 only by appointment at the offices of South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24, and available online on the Consultation Portal http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated may be made in writing up to 5 pm on the 1st June 2021 and may be submitted either via:
Online Submissions: http://consult.sdublincoco.ie
Senior Executive Officer,
Environment Water and Climate Change Department,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 YNN5.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act, 1997-2006 (as amended) applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.
Director, Environment Water and Climate Change Department, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Visit www.southdublin.ie for all your information needs